React Native v0.15.0 and v0.16.0-rc released
Upgrade to Xcode 7: React Native uses Objective-C generics
Changes since 0.15.0-rc
- Geolocation now works on Android (494930a)
- Open sourced
IntentAndroid. This lets you open the system browser, Maps and other apps (ab7b3b2)
- Cookies are now persisted across network requests on Android (Product pains post, 274c5c7)
v0.16.0-rc on GitHub (npm)
- RGBA colors, i.e.
rgba(255,0,0,0.5)are supported. 3c04bfc
- React Native was upgraded to Babel 6.
Array.fromis available as a polyfill. c473974 https://people.mozilla.org/~jorendorff/es6-draft.html#sec-array.from
- Android supports custom fonts; only TTF and OTF for now. bfeaa6a
- The Android ViewPager gets
- Images within a TextView, i.e. emojis, are now supported. a0268a7
- The Android performance profiler, Systrace, gets thorough documentation. d2c5045
keyboardAppearanceprop was added to iOS TextInput. Useful for displaying a dark keyboard. f407211
- AsyncLocalStorage gets an in-memory cache. 397791f
- TextInput supports the
RCTPasteboardwas released. Useful for copy-to-clipboard behavior. 26cb6be
- Touch events on Android now have coordinates consistent with iOS: 0c2ee5d
- YellowBox enabled by default: 8ab5182
- React Native now uses Babel 6 (props to tadeuzagallo for upgrading!). We've been using React Native with Babel 6 at Facebook for quite a while now. Nevertheless, please report any errors related to Babel, such as transforms for some JS features not working as expected and we'll fix them.
- Decorators won't work until T2645 lands in Babel.
- Exporting default class that extends a base class won't work due to Babel's T2694.
RCTSparseArraywas replaced by
NSDictionary. Modules using
RCTSparseArrayshould update. fa0b45c
- RCTWebViewExecutor was removed. 0764e4e