It's time to learn React Native, check: Beginning Mobile App Development with React Native
If you feel ready to start learning React Native, but you don't know where to start, then look no further.
Manuel Kiessling of The Node Beginner Book fame has an early release of this book ready for us, and the same book is going to get its continuous free updates on Leanpub.
But from today, until June 12th, you have the chance to get 30% off!
Here you'll find your Coupon price already waiting for you:
The book is still very much work in progress and a bit rough around the edges, but for those who want to dive in and begin creating mobile iOS apps with React Native, it already provides a valuable jump-start.
What's in for now?
Already at 81 pages, these chapters are included in this first version:
- Intended audience
Setting up your development environment
- Installing Homebrew
- Installing Node.js
- Installing Watchman
- Installing Google Chrome
- Installing the React Native CLI
Creating your first native iOS application using React Native
- Creating the app structure
- Starting the app
- Working on the code
React Native architecture explained
- A closer look at application creation
- How the different parts play together
Creating a first real app: BookBrowser
- Preparing the new application
- Planning the app
- Building the first screen
- Styling UIs with stylesheets
- The Flexbox system explained
- Adding text input
- Of points and pixels
- Handling events
- Logging and debugging
- Live reloading
- Setting up app screen navigation
- Navigating to a second screen
- Component properties - props
- Retrieving data over the network with the fetch API
- Component state
- Showing results with a ListView
- Displaying images
- Adding a book details screen